During the summer season, hair turns so dull, frizzy, dry and lustreless and it loses all the sheen and shine on exposure to damaging rays of sun. Also excessive sweat makes the hair look a little too soppy and greasy. Along with that, pollution and dust clubs with sweat and tend to accumulate the scalp which results into hair problems and hair fall.
The summer season wreak havoc on your hair if you are not taking the right precautions.
Keep your hair happy and healthy all summer long using natural, chemical-free methods.
Here are few tips to protect your hair this summer:
- Cover your hair with scarf, hat, umbrella to avoid direct sun rays. This will prevent the moisture loss from hair.
Shampoo less often
Frequent washing with chemical shampoos strips your scalp of its natural oils, which in turn stimulates additional oil production and makes you feel the need to wash it even more.
Use natural products
- Use a mild and herbal shampoo to avoid brittle and dry hair condition. Use shampoo with conditioning effect.
- Use natural products such as herbal hair gels to moisturize and protect your hair.
- Use oils for deep conditioning to protect your hair and to retain it smooth and shiny.
- Take diet rich in minerals and vitamins. Drink plenty of water during summer season. This not only good for the body, but is good for the hair too.
- Don’t use heat for styling hair like blowing, etc.