Pain can challenge or change the activities you choose to do, the thoughts you have and even the sleep you get. Pain will increase your stress and frustration, sapping your motivation and activity levels, and contributing to fatigue.
With so many different sources of information, narrowing recommendations down and implementing new lifestyle changes can be confusing. To keep it simple, here are few lifestyle changes to help manage and ease your pain.
Follow good sleep patterns
By developing and maintaining healthy sleep routines will actually reduce half of your problems. If you haven’t slept at night, fatigue and irritation may follow you throughout the day. These two things can increase your perception of chronic pain and make it more difficult to deal with. So having a ‘Good night’ sleep is a must.
Bid adieu STRESS
Start by recognizing your stress triggers. Write down the things that cause your stress, considering each part of your life, including work, relationships, home, poor health habits, and perfectionism or negative thinking.
Then take a hard look at the list and think about ways you can minimize or even eliminate those triggers. For example, if you’re stressed because you have too many obligations on your schedule, decide which ones you can remove.
Cultivate relaxation skills
Practicing relaxation skills helps you better manage pain. Breathing exercises, progressive muscle relaxation, visual imagery, meditation and mindfulness are some of the techniques that can help you center yourself and approach your day from a calmer, more balanced and less stressful place.
Tweak your diet healthy
Your diet can have a significant influence on your overall health and well-being. A well-balanced diet can assist in maintaining an optimal weight, supports your immune system and may help to reduce pain and inflammation in the body.
- Have plenty of vegetables and fruit
- Choose wholegrains and complex carbohydrates (e.g. brown rice, rolled oats, wholegrain bread, wholemeal pasta)
- Eat healthy proteins (e.g. lean meat, poultry, eggs, tofu, nuts & seeds, legumes)
- Eat foods rich in Omega-3 fats (e.g. oily fish: salmon, sardines, tuna, mackerel)
- Consume reduced fat dairy (milk, yoghurt, cheese) or their alternatives
Make physical exrecise your routine
Physical activity or exercise can improve your health and reduce the risk of developing several diseases like type 2 diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Benefits of regular physical activity
If you are regularly physically active, you may:
- Have a lower blood cholesterol level & lower blood pressure
- Have stronger bones, muscles and joints and lower risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Lower your risk of falls
- Recover better from periods of hospitalization or bed rest
- Improve your memory and brain function (all age groups).
- Protect against many chronic diseases.
- Aid in weight management.
- Improve heart health.
- Improve your quality of sleep.
- Reduce feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Combat cancer-related fatigue.
- Improve relief from joint pain and stiffness.
- Maintain muscle strength and balance.
- Increase life span.
Water is crucial to good health, and not drinking enough of it can greatly increase symptoms of chronic pain (or add them in the case of headaches caused by dehydration!).
Water keeps our organs functioning well, supports our immune system, encourages a healthy gastro-intestinal system and helps to lubricate joints. Making sure that you are well hydrated can be a simple way to help manage your pain.
Relieving pain while bathing will be a new lifstyle change to reduce pain. Use of bathing lotions which contain pain relieving herbals will help. AKSHUN lotion for pain relief is one such product with well known pain relieving herbals.
A unique, innovative and first ever bathing lotion for pain relief
- Instant action/relief from pain & long lasting effect.
- Enhanced absorption of actives
- Gives refreshing feel after bath/ wash
- Cleansing benefit that keeps skin soft
- Non sticky and Non messy formula
- No odor post use
- Ease of use compared to other pain relief products