Overall, 39% of the total adult population globally had high total cholesterol levels. Cholesterol, a waxy, fat‐like substance (lipid) found in the cell membrane, is a precursor of bile acids and steroid hormones. Because it is insoluble in water, cholesterol is transported to the blood through compounds made of lipids and proteins called lipoproteins.
There are two major types of lipoproteins, low‐density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL‐C) and high‐density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL‐C). LDL‐C is considered the ‘bad’ cholesterol because it contributes to atherosclerosis, whereas HDL‐C is considered the ‘good’ cholesterol as it helps remove LDL‐C from the arteries. Total cholesterol levels are the sum of LDL‐C, HDL‐C and triglycerides present in the blood stream.
These excess cholesterols pose serious health risks, including cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and some cancers. Too much cholesterol in the blood can cause a buildup of plaque on the walls of the arteries. That buildup can eventually cause the arteries to narrow or harden. Sudden blood clots in these narrowed arteries can cause heart disease (Coronary artery disease /Peripheral artery disease / Chest pain (angina) or stroke.
Medical conditions that can cause unhealthy cholesterol levels include
- Chronic kidney disease –Kidneys can’t filter waste and excess fluid from the blood
- Diabetes – A disease that occurs when there is blood glucose is too high
- HIV/AIDS – Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome attacks the body’s immune system
- Hypothyroidism – thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough thyroid hormone.
- Lupus – an autoimmune disease that can cause joint pain, fever, skin rashes
To maintain proper cholesterol levels, dietary and lifestyle modifications will help. The primary line of treatment to reduce cholesterol levels is taking cholesterol‐lowering drugs at prior.
Cholesterol‐lowering drugs work by blocking the action of the liver enzyme that is responsible for producing cholesterol. They competitively block the active site of the HMG-CoA reductase enzyme which is the rate controlling enzyme in the mevalonate pathway (cholesterol synthesis). Within the liver, this reduces hepatic cholesterol synthesis which facilitates increased clearance of LDL-c from the bloodstream.
Every drug has its own side effects, same as that for Cholesterol‐lowering drugs too. One of the most common complaints is muscle pain with soreness, tiredness or weakness in your muscles. The pain can be a mild discomfort, or it can be severe enough to make your daily activities difficult.
Severe muscle damage can lead to a condition called rhabdomyolysis which in turn cause liver damage, kidney failure and other neurological side effects. Occasionally can cause an increase in the level of enzymes that signal liver inflammation.
Considering the above side effects, Ayurveda suggests that adding some natural herbal remedies to your diet can help you to reduce cholesterol. For instance, Guggulu is a widely accepted Ayurvedic herb for reducing the cholesterol.
Guggulu has got around 66 phytochemicals including gallic acid, quercetin, guggulsterones E & Z, steroids, sterons, flavonoids, tri-terpenoids, amino acids, lignans, Guggul tetrols with distinctive benefits…
- Terpenoids with hypolipidemic activity (lowers cholesterol)
- Steroids with antidiabetic activity (lowers blood glucose)
- Lignans with anti-inflammatory activity (lowers joint inflammation)
Boosts Metabolism & reduces cholestrol
- Guggulu is known to absorb the bad cholesterol in the body and increase the HDL which is the good cholesterol.
- It helps to decrease the fat accumulation around the liver which works well to reduce the fat content in the liver.
- The use of Guggulu extract on a regular basis can help to remove the bile acids and help you to become a healthier person.
Fights with Cholesterol Disorders and Protects Your Heart
- Guggulu is a popular and effective Ayurvedic remedy for hypercholesterolemia or high cholesterol.
- The gum removes acts by hindering the body’s blend of cholesterol and promoting its degradation and discharge from the body.
- Elevated cholesterol is connected to atherosclerosis, coronary illness, by fighting this, Guggulu helps with increasing your heart wellbeing.
Dr.JRK’s Guggulu has a phenomenal ability to support balanced cholesterol levels by lowering LDL and raising HDL (“good”) cholesterol. Also effective in reducing triglycerides that helps in weight reduction.
Works very effectively to purify the blood and remove toxins and promotes healthy life.