What is cough?
A cough is your body’s way of responding when something irritates your throat or airways. It can be the result of a respiratory tract infection such as the common cold, acute bronchitis, pneumonia, pertussis or tuberculosis.
New strategy to treat cough
Cough occurs only because of an irritant reaction in the respiratory tract. This is because of entry of allergens/toxins or foreign particles that invade the blood stream and start circulating throughout the body.
Cough can be cleared at its root cause by detoxifying the blood (i.e) eliminating the unwanted allergic irritants by purifying the blood. Hence the recurrence is controlled by treating at its origin.
Phases of cough
- Inspiratory phase
- Compressive phase
- Expiratory phase
- Relaxation phase
Types of cough
|Acute cough: Sudden onset and lasts up to 3 weeks.|
|Sub-acute cough: Lasts between 3-8 weeks.|
|Chronic cough: Lasts for more than 8 weeks.|
|Productive cough: Cough than brings up phlegm.|
|Dry cough: Cough that does not bring up phlegm.|
|Nocturnal cough: Cough that only happens at night.|
|Hemoptysis: Coughing blood.|
- Clearing the throat
- Viruses and bacteria
- postnasal drip
- damage to the vocal cords
- Keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water
- Gargle hot salt water regularly to remove mucus and soothe your throat
- Avoid irritants, including smoke and dust
- Add honey or ginger to hot tea to relieve your cough and clear your airway
- Use decongestant sprays to unblock your nose and ease breathing
- Use cough syrup to soothe your throat
About JRK’s Anti coff syrup
- Removes allergen/antigens/pathogens
- Possesses mucolytic and constriction effect
- Possesses anti-oxidant effect
- Soothens and minimizes the dryness of throat
- Detoxifies the blood
- Suppress the irritant reactions in the respiratory passage
- Possess anti-inflammatory effect
- Anisochilus carnosus – 5mg
- Leucas aspera – 5mg
- Ocimum sanctum – 5mg
- Solanum tribolatum – 5mg
- Acalypha indica – 2mg
- Adathoda vasica – 2mg
- Syrup base – Q.S
Adults: 10ml twice a day.
Children: 1-10 years: 5ml twice a day (or) As directed by physician.