Nilavembu kudineer is one of the widely used traditional siddha kudineer preparations promoted by the government of Tamilnadu for its preventive, Prophylactic and immune boosting properties. It is used as a supportive drug for viral fever and pain and also used as a preventive and supportive drug for dengue and chikungunya.
Nilavembu Kudineer is a blend of 9 medicinal herbs such as Andrographis paniculata, Vetiveria zizanioides, Plectranthus vettiveroides, Santalum album, Trichosanthes cucumerina, Cyperus rotundus, Zingiber officinale, Piper nigrum and Mollugo cerviana.
Nilavembu or Andrographis is the key ingredient of Nilavembu Kudineer. The phyto-compound andrographolides in Nilavembu is found to increase the immunity and trigger cells to fight against infections.
Nilavembu is also proven to possess blood purifying activity, anti-inflammatory, anti-pyretic, analgesic, anti-microbial activity.
- The other 8 herbs are also equally important and have proven benefits such as:
- Vetiveria zizanioides possess cooling properties and provides hydration in high fever and inflammation.
- Plectranthus vettiveroides possess anti-inflammatory activities. Lowers the body temperature.
- Santalum album possess anti-pyretic effect. Its bitter and cooling properties reduces body temperature in fever.
- Trichosanthes cucumerina is proven to possess anti-inflammatory, larvicidal effects.
- Cyperus rotundus is known to control systemic inflammations and reduce fever. And it also contains anti-oxidant effect.
- Zingiber officinale is reported to possess antipyretic, analgesic, anti-arthritic, and anti-inflammatory activities.
- The immunomodulatory effect of Piper nigrum prevents the disease occurrence
- Mollugo cerviana helps in digestion and proper elimination of bowels to complete the body cleansing
Nilavembu is known as King of bitter. Thus, with all the benefits along with the bitter taste, Nilavembu kudineer can be called as a ‘Bitter medicine for better health”.