Pain is an unpleasant feeling or body’s reflection telling us something isn’t right. Every person’s body is different, the pain perception and pain tolerance can differ so much from one person to another. Here are different classes of pain. Get to know what kind of pain you are going through.
The most important thing to understand about treating pain is that it is difficult because it almost never has one cause: it is extremely multifactorial. Here are the major reasons:
- Prolonged improper postures
- Improper carrying / moving of heavy objects
- Obesity makes excess strain on knees and the back
- Cuts or wounds
- A congenital condition such as curvature of the spine
- Sleeping on a poor mattress
- No obvious physical cause
- Ordinary aging of the spine (degenerative changes)
Pain and its mechanism behind!
An important function of pain is to alert the body to potential damage. The specific nerves called nociceptors (“pain receptor”), a sensory neuron recognizes the tissue damage and pass on the pain signals which travels along the chain of nerve fibers to the brain via spinal cord.
The process is called nociception, the neural processing of harmful stimuli which helps brain to decide what to do about the pain. They detect the extremes of temperature and pressure and injury – related chemicals.
For example, if you touch a hot surface, a message will travel through a reflex arc in the spinal cord and cause an immediate contraction of the muscles. This contraction will pull your hand away from the hot surface.
This happens so fast that the message doesn’t even reach the brain. However, the pain message will continue to the brain. Once there, it will cause an unpleasant sensation of pain to be felt. The brain may also release feel-good chemicals such as dopamine to counter the unpleasant effects of the pain.
Simple ways to get rid of pain
Practice breathing exercises
Do regular physical exercise
Cultivate relaxation habits – Yoga & Meditation
Develop positive thoughts (optimism)
Avoid smoking & Drinking – Disrupts sleep patterns
Get body massage for overall relief
Eat healthy – Stay active – Stay agile
In this modern world, we may get more results when we use bath lotions which contain pain relieving herbals during bathing. AKSHUN lotion for pain relief is one such product with well known pain relieving herbals.
A unique, innovative and first ever bathing lotion for pain relief
- Instant action/relief from pain & long lasting effect.
- Enhanced absorption of actives
- Gives refreshing feel after bath/ wash
- Cleansing benefit that keeps skin soft
- Non sticky and Non messy formula
- No odor post use
- Ease of use compared to other pain relief products