Sun exposure and excessive heat in summer causes more sweating, skin burns, inflammation, tanning and sebum secretion. This in turn will induce acne due to deposition of excess sebum on skin, blocking of skin pores, adhesion of acne causing microbes.
Follow the tips to protect your skin this summer:
- Cover your skin as much as possible
- Use umbrella and sunglasses that protect against UV rays.
- Wear cotton dress and avoid tight dresses
- Reduce sun exposure during the times when the sun is at its strongest
- Select your sunscreen carefully. Choose a non-comedogenic, water-based, non-oily quality sun screeners
Apart from these, to keep acne away this summer, follow the below mentioned tips:
Maintain a healthy skin care regimen!
- Cleanse your skin twice a day (morning and night) with cold water using a cleanser that is gentle and suited to your skin type.
- Avoid rubbing your skin when cleansing and gently tap it dry with a soft towel.
- Drink lots of water to keep your skin well-hydrated and healthy.
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in the form of salads and fresh juices( Ideally without sugar)
- Avoid eating oily and sugary foods which may cause build up of sebum in the skin
Don’t prick your pimple!
- Pimples and blackheads shouldn’t be pricked, scratched or pierced. Popping a pimple leads to inflammation and the spread of germs on neighbouring skin.
- Moreover, pricking pimples increases the risk of scarring.