For Vitiligo and hypopigmentary disorders
Tolenorm oil for vitiligo treatment
- Improves melanogenesis / melanin synthesis
- Increases tyrosinase activity
- Enhances α-MSH activity
Vitiligo and hypopigmentary disorders
- Apply Tolenorm oil on affected areas thrice a day.
- Continue usage as advised above till total repigmentation
(OR) As directed by the physician. For external use only
Each 5 ml contains extracts of
- Wrightia tinctoria : 50 mg
- Psoralea corylifolia : 50 mg
- Indigofera tinctoria : 50 mg
- Piper longum : 50 mg
- Oleum cocos nucifera : Q.S.
There are no known contra-indications.
- Clinical study showed 90% repigmentation in 62% of total 170 vitiligo patients in long duration of 3 years
- In vitro study on melanocytes showed this oil for vitiligo increases tyrosinase activity (20%), melanin formation (30-50%) and also increase dendrite length and number significantly.
What is your question in mind?
An autoimmune condition in which the skin turns white due to loss of pigment, melanin that gives colour to the skin. It can be localised or generalised in nature.
Vitiligo is progressive autoimmune disorder which leads to loss of skin colour.
Body^s immune cells target and destroy melanocytes in certain areas.
Tyrosinase enzyme activity, melanin production and its transfer to the top layer of skin decreases.
People develop the condition prior to age 40.
About 50% develop vitiligo before age 20.
It is sometimes inherited and also associated with other medical conditions like thyroid.
- Augment tyrosinase activity and melanin production.
- Increase dendrite formation in melanocytes.
- •Transfer melanin to keratinocytes.
For ensuring early re-pigmentation mild exposure of sun is recommended.
Tolenorm oil can very well be applied on scalp and effective for scalp vitiligo.
There are both in vitro and clinical studies done to prove the efficacy of Tolenorm oil.
Avoid sour tasting food, allergens like brinjal and sea food which sometimes might interfere with the drug absorption.