Clinico-In vitro method
Complete relief from Dandruff within 10 days of Dano anti-dandruff oil usage
- 10 volunteers with severe dandruff problem were selected for the study. They were treated with Dano anti-dandruff oil and were reviewed every alternative day for a period of 21 days.
- The severity of scaling was determined before and after treatment.
- The scalp scrapings were inoculated in Sabouraud’s medium and incubated at 37°C for 10 days.
- The rate of isolation of Pityrosporum ovale from the scraped materials before and after Dano use was studied at different intervals.
- 8 days of Dano anti-dandruff oil use had reduced the scaling from severe to nil in all the volunteers. Complete elimination of scaling was observed in 10 days.
- After 8th day, the isolation of Pityrosporum ovale in culture medium was not possible.( proof of elimination of dandruff)
clinical study showed 100% decline of P.ovale in 8 to 10 days
The study proves that Dano anti-dandruff oil is an effective anti-dandruff drug and also an anti-fungal agent with broad spectrum activity.